The Caregivers Center is a support service for people who are the sole caregivers of family members being cared for at home. The service is provided by professional volunteers free of charge.
Services provided by the center include the provision of medicines and medical equipment, emotional support, solutions for financial challenges, and solutions for keeping the patient active, both mentally and physically. In addition, much thought is given to the creation of time-out moments for the patient, caregiver, and other family members, who all struggle with a difficult and often unexpected situation.
As a result of a variety of issues unique to their situation, caregivers are often subject to physical overload and depression and are in need of support. The volunteers at The Caregivers Center are professionals who offer multifaceted solutions and help the caregivers deal with the difficulties of caring for an ailing or disabled loved one.
The Center provides the following:
- Evaluation of and attention to the needs of each caregiver and the creation of a specific support plan.
- Support groups for couples, for those dealing with a parent with dementia, for those dealing with a sick child or an ailing parent.
- Short seminars for the middle generation (families with children who are caring for ailing parents) offering information and tools for coping.
- Day seminars, workshops, and lectures on relevant subjects.
- Personal Attention – the assigned volunteer maintains close contact with the caregiver
- Time Out – a social club for caregivers
- Hot Line – support in emergencies when the Center is closed.
- Guidance and referrals to relevant services provided by other organizations
Tel: *6444 (Ext. 5) or 02-6444676, Email: [email protected]
The service is available at these branches:
Jerusalem: 124 Herzl St, Sun-Thu: 9:00-12:00; Tel: 02-6444676
Rishon LeZion: 7 Givati St, Mon, Wed: 9:00-13:00; Tel: 03-9543346
Beer Sheva: 2A Shaul HaMelech St. Tel: 08-9112013
Modiin: 23 Motta Gur St, Sun: 10:00-12:00, Mon, Wed: 17:30-19:00; Tel: 072-2442636
Kfar Saba: 12 Nitzanim St, Tel: 09-779873/4, Roni-052-2563987
Ashdod: 7 Kibbutz Galuot St, Tel: 08-9172176, Miriam-050-8426292
Kiryat Shmona: 29 HaNasi St, Tel: 04-6940480